Tuesday 13 January 2015

Day 13 of 30 Day Challenge

Hey Lady!

It is crazy how time is flying. Its Tuesday the 13th!! Nearly half way through the month. Crazy!

So today, another topic for today. Something for the month of January anyways. While we all look at ourselves after the Christmas and think I have gained weight here, my tummy looks big, my thighs have put on a few pounds. First thing that comes to mind is GYM, CLEAN EATING , A NEW ME!

So based on this today is...

"Your opinion on your body & how comfortable you are with it"

This topic really got me thinking! To be honest, I have had a hell of a struggle with my body. 
When I was a teenager, I would be a size 12-14 and back then, to me that seemed big. Now when I think about it, how stupid was I. I look back at pictures and think I wish I was like that now. I really took it for granted. At the end of my teens and early adulthood, I was getting sick alot, with chest and lung infections month after month.. So I ended up on antibotics and steroids and on bed rest. I went from a healthy, active girl to a tired, exhausted, lazy and unhealthy girl. With this, until I got diagnosed with Asthma and found a change with less time being sick and less meds, I kinda woke up from the lazy sleep I was in for months. I looked at a photo and cried!! How did I let this happen. Where was my head? 
So since my 21st, I have be actively making a huge change in my life. I have changed my diet and have gotten more active. I had to then come to terms that it will not be one quick fix and wont happen in a day or month or a year. 
I have currently lost 4 stone. And when I look back I cannot believe it.
I am not doing any quick fix diets. I have a food diary and record what I eat, I then walk up to 30mins a day or do 30mins of home workouts (when the weather is crap), I tend to do this 5 times a week. I have cut fizzy drinks to 2 days a week, cut out white bread, have alcohol for Saturday and Sundays and a meal out on one day the weekend and get gluten free veggie crisps for the sweet tooth and have Weight Watcher biscuits as they portion control with the per packets and they taste yummy.. I am obsessed with the cinnamon and sultana ones at the moment!! :)
But I have really changed from who I was, I used to drink cans a coke a day, eat filled sandwitches, crisps between meals, ready made meals and takeaways daily. When I look at what I eat now I am like HOW? When I have a bad day or two, I feel so tired, sluggish, in a bad mood and my tummy feels terrible. Its crazy about what I was and what I am now.
So what do I feel about my body and am I comfortable.?
I am still not happy about myself, thats being honest. And I am going to be HONEST with this post. I still have lumps and bumps, I have what I call a "Pooch" which is my lower bulge on my tummy, my thighs need to shed a few and tone up and my arms! I also need to shed a few on my back and bum and tone. I do see where I am loosing it, like my face, chest, waist and am proud to see that difference, but buying clothes is awkward right now. I am one size in one shop and another in another. So it is stressful. But will be worth it. My go to right now has been legging and jumpers or workout leggings and long tops. 
I do love my curves and want to tone and emphasis them aswell. I am proud of my shape, but I have to limit the extra bumps. I have bad days as I have alot of clothes that are way to big right now and then buying clothes are hard when between sizes. So I go through I hate my body, I AM FAT days. But I am so much healthier than I was last year and 2 years ago. 
I have still alot to go and will go through days where I hate parts of my body. I will probably have another year of working hard till I am at my ideal weight and I will have days where I will complain like others. But what I have learnt is that what I put into my body makes really makes a difference to how I feel. When I eat good, homecooked, from scratch and fresh food I feel great and when I eat takeaways and ready meals I feel crappy. I am also not at the RUNNING stage of my work outs but a fast walk and jog is where I am now, but I tend to get up to running by the summer. 

Here is a picture of Before and Where I am now!!

NOVEMBER 2012

PRESENT! 


If you like these posts and want to see another few like this and more details on my journey, like workouts or food recipes, let me kn0w. 
Any questions also let me know, I love to hear from you all.:)

Where can you find me?

Email: nataliekeanemua@gmail.com

Facebook: Natalie Keane MUA

Twitter: @Natke05

Instagram: nataliekeanemua


Here is DAY 12 & DAY 11


Untill tomorrow..

Toodles


Natalie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment