Friday 6 March 2015

Lifestyle: Herbal Teas

Hello Dolls,

I am sorry for the lack of posts these last weeks, been taking some ME time and time with family and non internet time. Zone out for a bit.  And have been making plans and ideas for months to come. 

So I kinda fell on and off the wagon regarding the healthy train! You know the deal, one week I lose and the next I gain! Stuck on a roundabout I cant get off.  So I have been really getting into Herbal Teas and looking at what the benefits are and what I put into my body. Education on healthy food etc, is so important weather you try education yourself or go and get education from pros. I am no means a dietitian or a nutritionist but I am interested on what foods can do for us and aid us. 

I don`t coffee, but I love a good ole`cuppa. But at times I just want a change or find I drink way to much. So here is some teas I love and benefits for your body. There are so many "CULT" herbal teas for eg: weight loss, that may contain extras like laxatives. Which can just upset your system. Taking a standard herbal tea from your health food or local store can just be as adding if not more. 

*Again I must warn I am no Professional, I love looking at food and ingredients and what they do, so this is what I like and my research on each. If you are allergic to any of these or have any conditions, please consult you GP*


Pepper Mint Tea:  Not really a huge fan of peppermint or tea, but its benefits really help. If you have digestion problems, tummy problems, IBS then this will really aid you. I find it great when I feel "FULL UP". 

Chamomile:  This one I drink alot and love. Great when you need to unwind or relax. Ideal before bed, to calm nerves, stress and anxiety, I suffer from all at time to time and this really helps. Caffeine can heighten the nerves etc and chamomile is great to relieve and allow you to relax. 



Green Tea: This probably the most common of all herbal teas. You can get all different variations like with lemon, orange etc. But you can also get the original blend. I am currently drinking the original and green tea with lemon and love. Green tea is suppose to help reduce inflammation and boost the metabolism. A great one if you are trying to get healthy as it will add your weight loss from helping your metabolism. 


Lavender: Another well know one. Not only is the smell great but I can help you with de-stressing, soothe and treat flatulence, colic, an upset stomach, reduce coughing and help aid asthma and other respiratory conditions. I have asthma and when I have allergies and get stressed up and my breathing is bad, I like this it will relax me and help my breathing.


Pu-erh Tea: This is another one I like to use. Benefits are that is helps reduce cholesterol, reduces LDL and helps create a balanced lifestyle, which aids weight loss. 


They are just some of my well used teas with benefits. Herbal teas are also a great way in upping your water intake, especially if you are not fond of water or find drinking 2L is hell. 
Some fun ones and combos I also love for those evenings in or want something different are:

-Twinings Black Tea with Apple Cinnamon and Raisin Tea
- Twinings Black Tea with Vanilla
-Twinings Ginger and Rhubarb
-Twinings Blackcurrant and Vanilla
-Pukka Vanilla Chai
-Pukka Wild Apple and Vanilla

I love Twinings and Pukka and some Lidl teas, but you get what brand you love,

(All above pictures are from google search )

I would love to hear what teas you like and what ones you think I should try. 

If you like this post please let me know and if you want to see more.

Where I can be found:

Email: nataliekeanemua@gmail.com

Facebook: Natalie Keane MUA

Twitter: @Natke05

Instagram: nataliekeanemua


*Disclaimer: I was not sponsored to do this post and this is my own idea and thoughts and recommendations. I am no pro either and dont claim to be*


Until next time





No comments:

Post a Comment