Sunday 8 March 2015

Review: Catrice Eye shadow Palette & Highlighter

Hello Dolls, 

I decided on this lovely Sunday, I would do a  review on products that I have been trying lately, that I bought from Pennys/Primark in February.

I chose an Eye shadow palette and Highlighter from Catrice. I love alot of Catrice products from eyeliners, lip pencils and lipsticks, I do have an extensive collection. For the price, the quality of the products are amazing. 

So at the start of February I was looking for colours to go with a dress I wanted for a GAA Dinner Dance I was attending with my boyfriend. I fell in love with the colours and reminded me of some of the colours from the Naked 3 Palette and some MAC shadows.

Catrice Absolute Rose Palette: 010 Frankie Rose to Hollywood

The palette has 6 rose toned shades. From rose to rose gold, in 3 mattes and 3 pearl shades. Shades are from a light rose colour to deep plum with some rose gold flecks. The colours I have been using alot are the last 3 in the palette.  Shade 3 reminds me of MAC Satin Taupe, which is a pearl shade, the next is a matte taupe with a rose tone, which is great in the crease, kind of like MAC Quarry and finally the plum shade with rose flecks in it and gorgeous on.
I got this palette in Pennys/Primark for €4.99, which I found a great price and the quality is great. I already have the Nude version of this palette and for traveling or that last minute look for a night out, this is perfect for the handbag or traveling. You can go natural or smokey eyed. The only let down of the palette and this goes without saying for alot of palettes like these are the applicators, I did not like it at all and have not intention of using it either. I would give it 9/10. And recommend these palettes. 




Pure Shimmer Highlighter:

I have seen and heard so much about this highlighter online even before it was released. My thoughts where that it would be released in March and to my surprise the end of February I came across the Limited Collection " Nude Purism". So you can imagine I grabbed one in my local Pennys/Primark before they where going to sell out, and I can tell you once I announced I got one on Facebook, they had sold the next day. But I am glad to see they are back in the store. The highlighter itself has been described as a dupe for The Balm`s Mary Lou-Maniser. I myself have not tried Mary Lou yet so I cannot give my honest opinion on that. The highlighter itself is great value for the money and again a great makeup bag staple. At €4.59 where can you go wrong, The highlighter has a 3D structure and honeycomb effect. The texture is soft and silky and has fine graded nude and light reflects. I do find that because I am fair skined I really had to build this up alot to see any effect, also the honeycomb effect, even though lovely, does effect the amount I can on my brush. I think this would suit anyone with darker skin tones or tanned, the colour is a beautiful champagne and defiantly has a glow about it. I would give this 9/10 as I do feel like I need to build it up alot for myself. 





I do love  Catrice and I feel like the value again is great for the price. If you have any questions or have any other products you want me to try please let me know.

Where can you find me?

Email: nataliekeanemua@gmail.com

Facebook: Natalie Keane MUA

Twitter: @Natke05

Instagram: nataliekeanemua


Until next time



Disclaminer: These are my own thoughts and was not sponsored for this post, I bought all these products myself and my own thoughts..




No comments:

Post a Comment