Saturday 25 July 2015

Galway Races..Ladies Day Guide, To-Do List: Part 3 "Skincare & Tan"

Hello Dolls,

Part 3, already! I hope you all enjoying this series. For me they are posts I love reading and also gives great ideas, so I hope you are too.

For me it is so important to get your skin right for your makeup and tan. Your skin is your canvas and it needs to be in good condition so that your makeup will last all day or your tan will come out even. 

If you are having problems with your makeup being patchy or staying all day or night and you do not have any sort of skincare, then maybe that is where you need to start. Also knowing your skin type. I will link my post on all different skin types at the bottom of this post.  So I will go through what routine and what I think you need to add to your routine so that your makeup lasts and also a run through before your tan and also what tans are out their and how to maintain it so it lasts. Lets hope this does not become too long. HA! Sorry in advance! :)



"Skincare"

Like I said above, your skin is your canvas. If you have dry skin patches, or oily skin, you will want some routine to keep everything at bay. Again you need to figure out what your skin type is.  As using something that is oil riched for oily skin, will make your skin worse and nothing will sit or using a mattifying cream on dry skin will only dry your skin our more. Usually most skincare products are stated on the products, its just knowing where you fit in. 

Once you get that sorted, getting a routine is important. So what you need to do?

Cleanse
Get the cleanser that suits your skincare. Why cleanse? Well, you are removing any dead skin and dirt and oils. So it is important. Whatever cleanser you do get, it will have ingredients that will help and benefit your skin also.  So thats STEP 1!

Tone
Toning completes your cleansing process. Toning can be considered an important step. It removes any debris, oils or dirt that where missed during the cleansing. Also the toner helps restore your skin`s pH balance. STEP 2- DONE!

Moisturizer
The purpose to apply moisturizer is so it reinforces your skins natural barrier. It will also help reduce itchy, dry and flaky skin. With cleansing and toning you are taking the moisture and oils from the skin, so you need to add moisture back into your skin. 

YOU SHOULD CLEANSE, TONE & MOISTURIZE DAILY!

Exfoliate
Exfoliating is important as it removes any dead skin from the top layer of the skin. It also helps remove and lessen blackheads. So all good stuff :) Unlike cleansing, toning and moisturizing, I would do this once a week only, unless you have either very dry or oily skin, then maybe twice a week. It is great, because with the mild abrasive your skin it being penetrate gently, so fresh new skin!! Now who would`nt want that!! :)


Some products I love to use are the Botanic`s range from Boots, Garnier, No7 & Clinique. 
If you can get a facial, that will also help your skin...



"Tan"

Ohh, the glorious tan! Every Irish girls must for any event! It can go so right or so wrong. Here`s hoping it goes right!! :)

So what prep do you need to do?

Before the Tan!
The night or morning before you apply any tan to your skin, you will need to Exfoliate. I love using a sugar scrub.  I am loving the Ziaja Cocoa Butter Shower Scrub, as my skin feels amazing. I do this before I shave my legs as it makes it so much easier. 
So next, shave/wax your underarms and legs. Once exfoliated it should be a smooth shave. Exfoliating will also remove any oils and dry/flaky skin so your tan will not be patch and sit well. 
Once you are finished your shower, Moisturize your skin, so concentrating on the elbows, wrists, ankles, heels, this will also make sure no tan clings to these areas and also that your skin is smooth and not dry when applying. 

Tanning!
So you need to decide where you want to get your tan done or are you going to do it yourself? If you do get it done at a salon, make sure that you get a skin test, to test for allergies the day before if it is your first time. Usually with these tans, the get darker during the day, so depending on how dark you want to be, give it 7-10 hours and lightly shower the top layer of tan. This is just a film on the top the skin and underneath the tan will be developed, and even after the shower it will develop a little more. So don`t worry your not washing it away!
If you are going to DIY it, pick a tan you can trust. instant is usually the most popular. Last thing we want to see is a pool of tan, especially if it rains! ha!
So once you have applied your tan let it develop, unless it a pop on and go tan. I myself always like to wash the top layer of developer off, as I feel it looks way more natural and less fake looking. 
Whether its a salon or home tan you do, remember to wear loose clothing. 
If you are naturally darker or sallow, a gradual tan might just be all you need , so build it up daily till you are happy and get the glow or colour you want.

Maintain your Tan!
So it`s either D-Day or the next day or that week and you want to keep your tan looking fresh and glowy. Moisturize! Your skin can dry out from the chemicals in the tan, so to stop your skin flaking and the tan getting patchy, it is important. Gradual tan in a moisturizer form is another good idea, As it will give you some colour and its a good idea near the end of the week when its looking a little worse or you have showered again and its fading. 

How to get it off!
One word! Exfoliate! You can use a scrub or a mitt or both. This will remove the dead skin but also remove the colour of the tan on the surface. Depending how dark the tan is, it may take  two goes! 


My Tan Picks:

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan in Dark.
Now a beauty cult favourite, even Kylie Jenner loves Marissa Carters creation. I love the formula, the colour and event the scent. You can leave it on for up to 3 hours + for that deep colour. 


Fake Bake
There is so many to choose from in the range. My favourite is the mist, that is 60mins. Again like the coco brown, you can leave it on until you get the shade for your. 



Vita Liberata
Probably one the most sought products lately. I have used vita liberata and have to say if you are able and want to pay a little more for a tan product, it is worth it. The colour and formulas are great and their is a product to suit everyone. 




I hope  I met some of your needs in this post and you picked up some tips or ideas.
Any questions on skincare or tanning, please let me know and I will share what I can with you. 

Below are the links to my skin types posts..


Here is also my tanning post : Tan


Tomorrow is PART 4..:) "The night before preparations & Essentials for the day"
I hope you stay reading!


Until tomorrow!!





*Disclaimer: I was not sponsored to do this/these posts, they are all my own ideas and thoughts. Images are from Google search*







No comments:

Post a Comment